- By Pablo González, 2 Michelin star chef
As you know, Pablo encourages us to cook using what we have in the fridge. These next few weeks he will teach us to take advantage of parts of food that we normally discard and transform them into delicious recipes. Utilization kitchen in all its essence!
🍊 The first of the ingredients we will use? The Orange peel; one of those parts of this fruit that you would never think of putting in your mouth because of its texture and its characteristic bitterness. However, well prepared, it can become a real delicacy to enhance our salads, desserts and even meats.
- 1 orange.
- 100 grams of water.
- 100 grams of sugar.
- plastic film.
- Step 1: We peel the orange with a very sharp knife, trying to leave as little white part as possible in the peel as it is too bitter.
- Step 2: Once peeled, we go over it well with the knife to clean all the fleshy part that may have remained.
- Step 3: We cut the skin into small threads we very thick, like spaghetti, and we reserve it.
- Step 4: We prepare 100 grams of water in a saucepan and add 100 grams of sugar. We put on the fire to heat until the sugar is diluted without it getting to brown.
- Step 5: Add to the saucepan the skin of the orange that we have cut and let it cook over a very low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Step 6: Pour the syrup with the skins into a container, cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
- Step 7: We already have our orange peel ready that we have turned into a super delicious accompaniment for salads, meats or desserts.