- By Pablo González, 2 Michelin star chef
La leek root a very little valued part but which is very rich in nutrients and minerals.
In our country, and in general throughout Europe, it is very little consumed. However, in Asia they know how to take advantage of all the parts that the leek offers and it is usually eaten fried or sautéed in delicious woks.
If you've been wanting to try what they taste like, Pablo's next recipe will surely surprise you ... for the better! This Friday we show you the step by step 😉
Bacon, leek, butter, leek roots.
FRIED ROOTS STEPS:
We must look for the estate fresher because we will obtain a more pleasant texture. In this recipe you will get some strands in chip format with a very pleasant subtle leek flavor.
- You have to clean them very well and let them soak in plenty of cold water.
- We will preheat a saucepan with sunflower oil to 180 degrees.
We dry the roots well. Once taken out of the water the pWe roast in flour, removing the excess with gentle taps.
Now we only have to fry them in the oil that we have preheated. When they are golden brown, we take them out of the oil and place them on absorbent paper.
- We already have our leek root chips with which we can accompany fantastic recipes or incorporate them into our stews or purees.
STEPS FRIED ROOTS WITH CRISPY BACON:
Try this special and different appetizer that will take us out of our routine, where we will make the most of this vegetable.
- We start by cutting the bacon in a small cut for poaching.
- We cut the trunk of the leek into a small one where we will poach in a frying pan slowly with butter.
- Once the leek is poached, we add the bacon and continue poaching until it begins to brown.
- We place in a source our fried leek roots and we put on top the mixture of leek and beacon that we have poached.
- Now we just have to take one of these in our hand and put it in our mouths. I hope you enjoy this flavorful bite!