- By Pablo González,
2 Michelin star chef
🐟 The cod It is one of the most consumed fish in the world for hundreds of years, among other reasons, thanks to the possibility of keeping it much longer in salt. This is possible because it has very little fat compared to other fish.
Therefore, the easy conservation to market it in this way caused its consumption to skyrocket. Thanks to this, today we have magnificent recipes that last over time 😋
Today we will prepare a brandade, a traditional recipe of Basque gastronomy that triumphs especially in Lent or vigil. I love this recipe for its great taste and its versatility, since by adding some extra ingredient to this base, we can obtain different recipes.
-250 gr of desalted cod
-1/2 green pepper
- To desalt the cod it is advisable to do it at a temperature between 6 and 8 degrees, changing the water every 8 hours and always putting twice the water of the weight of the piece to be desalted and with the skin facing up.
- In a pot we pour a jet of olive oil or we put it to heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the vegetables that we have previously washed and chopped (potato, pepper, leek ...). We fry well the vegetables carefully that it does not stick to us.
- We incorporate the cod to the sofrito and sauté a little.
- We keep the pot on the fire and add the milk and let it cook until the vegetables are well cooked and the milk is reduced.
- We blend with the electric or hand mixer and we will have a very thick puree.
- Now we only have to place them on a slice de pan crunchy a little chopped parsley on top of the cherrys tomatoes halved and we finish by placing on top the lamb's lettuce seasoned with oil and salt, a super tasty bite of 10.