No Products in the Cart
🍞 The torrija is a traditional dessert that reminds us of the flavors of yesteryear. There are even those who say that its origin is in the ancient Roman Empire! Of course, they were much more sober than those we know today, since they did not have access to sugar or cinnamon and instead used pure honey and pepper to give it that spicy touch.
In today's recipe we are going to use a very simple technique to be able to trap all the milk inside and that we have a super creamy typical dessert. To do this, we will previously freeze the bread to preserve all the flavor inside. Do not miss it! 😋
The first thing we should do is look for a brioche loaf in our supermarket.
- Step 1: Cut the brioche into 3 cm slices and reserve them. We can freeze it beforehand so that it is hard and does not fall apart so easily. In addition, this way we will get all the flavor inside.
- Step 2: We infuse a liter of milk with a vanilla branch and 100g of sugar
- Step 3: We place the brioche slices on a stretched baking tray.
- Step 4: We pour the infused milk while it is still hot on the brioche bread until it covers it.
- Step 5: We leave a few minutes until it soaks us well.
- Step 6: Now what we will do is remove the torrijas from the milk and place them in a dry container, placing them in the freezer for two hours.
- Step 7: Once frozen, we will only have to coat them with flour, beaten egg and fry them in oil at 180 degrees. We let drain on absorbent paper.
- Step 8: We bathe in sugar and cinnamon and that's it.
As you can see, it is a simple recipe. We have given it an extra touch based on a recipe from the year 1600 that will make it gain in texture and flavor. We can accompany it with ice cream, fruits and some sauce, honey or syrup.